There are many different ways to install WordPress on HostGator but we’ll go over one of the easiest ways in this tutorial.
- Begin by logging into your HostGator cPanel. This is usually yourdomain.com/cpanel.
- Enter the username and password that you selected while setting up your account.
- Browse down to the Software/Services category once you’re logged in and click on QuickInstall.
- You’ll now see a list of various software products you can quickly install broken down into categories.
- Find WordPress under Blog Software and click on it.
- Enter the information it asks you for such as URL, Admin information, Blog title, Email and other details.
- Click ‘Install Now!”
- That’s it! You’ll see a Congratulations message that confirms WordPress has been installed successfully.
- Be sure to note down your administration login and password in a secure location.
And that’s how easy installing a WordPress blog is on HostGator. Wasn’t that easy?
If you want to follow along with a video instead, click below: