Sure, online file transfers from within the HostGator control panel are great but sometimes you need greater control over your account or simply want to do bulk transfer using a more reliable transfer protocol.
That’s where FTP comes in. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol so it’s literally made for the task.
- The first thing you need to do is have an FTP client installed. If you don’t have one, we heartily recommend FIleZilla. Click here to download.
- The next step would be to create a new entry with your login information in FileZilla. So click on the Site Manager and create a new profile with your login information.
- Now, simply click on Connect and if you’ve entered everything correctly, you will be logged in to your account.
- Navigate your way using the explorer like interface to where your HTML files reside.
- From here, you can upload, download, delete or do whatever you want to complete.
If you would rather follow along with a video, you can do so below: